11/25/07

Die Another Day

The day began the same as any other day. I woke up early afternoon, mainly because my little brother was delaying my breathing by sitting on my lungs and yelling "nuclear wedgie!! Nuclear wedgie!! The wedgie part didn't bother me too much because I sleep in the nude, (jk) but not breathing was a minor inconvenience. I quickly got up, threw him against the wall and began my day. During my morning shower (or mid-afternoon), I observed that my mom probably wasn't home because she usually she starts pounding on the door after about 25 minutes. As I got out, I grabed a towel and start drying my hair. I’m was in the process when I noticed that my brothers were interacting with each other just outside the door:

"Come here you idiot"
"Maybe I would if I didn't think you were going to kill...aaahhhhh!!! Mom! Help, Mom!"
"Mom's not here, you're all mine"
"Get off of me! Get your ugly hands off of me!"
"Don't make me do this!"
"I'm not making you do anything, you freaking idiot"

I couldn't help but laugh out loud at my stupid brothers. But the joke was on me because as I was standing there laughing, a house fly took the liberty of exploring new places -- my mouth. Immediately thoughts of bacteria and disease spreading in my mouth started to enter my head. To quote my good friend Philip K. Dick (1928 - 1982);
"Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane."


And so I did, I began to spit and blow out as quickly as humanly possible. I did this for about 2 minutes, then, I would pause and repeat the drill all over again. After about 5 minutes of this, I started to get the sense that the fly wasn't in my mouth anymore. As a matter of fact I knew he wasn't, because I hadn't felt him since the initial contact. As I was standing there pondering the thought of swallowing a fly. I heard what could only be the sound of a flying insect hitting a mirror.

Immediately thoughts of death turned to thoughts of revenge, as I very closely mimicked a Transformer evolving from a normal looking 18 wheeler into a robot of doom, death and destruction. But before I had even finished my transformation, I had caught the fly in my hand. It kind of surprised me. I had been counting on a better fight from a fly that was willing to go at a human mano y mano. But none-the-less I was now holding this little man in my hand wondering what to do with it. This was a problem because I didn't want to squish this thing in my hand. As a matter of fact most of my options included a very hands-on approach, except one; without thinking twice I threw him into the toilet and shut the lid.

I know you're probably thinking this wasn't such a good idea, but I gave him a fair amount of momentum. As I flushed it, I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure this little demon fly wasn't going to boycott the sewer. So I opened the lid. I AM SUCH AN IDIOT!! I should have realized this was no ordinary fly; this little dude was the Jack Bauer of the fly kingdom. He had an embargo on death.

Just as a quick recap,

BEFORE: A minor pride issue. A fly had violated the privacy of my mouth and I wanted to get back.

AFTER: I basically had a flying toilet on my hands. I redefined going insane.

All I had was a towel, so I used it...with passion. I think at this point you can probably fairly well imagine the next 5 minutes, so I will skip the fancy adjectives and unique verb usage and move on. I had killed this little package of sewage madness. I had killed him; so many times he went from the Celestial Kingdom to the Terrestrial Kingdom to the Telestial Kingdom and back to the Celestial Kingdom again. He was dead.

It’s no ordinary day when Jack Bauer dies, but I guess I’m just higher up on the food chain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That was...interesting. Especially when you changed tenses.

Anonymous said...

how many cans of Redbull did you drink before you wrote this?

Support the RFCN research institute by clicking on some of the links below:

Contact us

  • reallyfunnyclassnotes@gmail.com

Hit counter